Subscribe: by Email | in Reader

Kashmir -- Jimmy Page/Robert Plant

(Poem #128)Kashmir
 Whoa, let the sun beat down upon my face
 And stars to fill my dream
 I am a traveler of both time and space
 To be where I have been
 T’ sit with elders of the gentle race
 This world has seldom seen
 Th’ talk of days for which they sit and wait
 All will be revealed
 Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace
 Whose sounds caress my ear
 But not a word I heard could I relate
 The story was quite clear
 Whoa-hoh, whoa-wa-oh
 Oooh, oh baby, I been flyin’
 Lord, yeah, mama, there ain’t no denyin’
 Oh, oooh yes, I’ve been flying
 Mama, mama, ain’t no denyin’, no denyin’
 Oh, all I see turns to brown
 As the sun burns the ground
 And my eyes fill with sand
 As I scan this wasted land
 Tryin’ to find, tryin’ to find where I beeeeeuhoaoh
 Oh, pilot of the storm who leaves no trace
 Like thoughts inside a dream
 Heed the path that led me to that place
 Yellow desert stream
 My Shangri-La beneath the summer moon
 Will return again
 Sure as the dust that floats b’hind you
 When movin’ through Kashmir
 Oh, father of the four winds, fill my sails
 Across the sea of years
 With no provision but an open face
 ‘Long the straits of fear
 Whaoh, whaoh
 Whaoh-oh, oh
 Ohhhh
 Well, when I want, when I’m on my way, yeah
 When I see, when I see the way, you stay-yeah
 Ooh, yeah-yeah, ooh, yeah-yeah, well I’m down, yes
 Ooh, yeah-yeah, ooh, yeah-yeah, well I’m down, so down
 Ooh, my baby, oooh, my baby, let me take you there
 Oh, oh, come on, come on
 Oh, let me take you there
 Let me take you there
 Whoo-ooh, yeah-yeah, whoo-ooh, yeah-yeah, let me take you
-- Jimmy Page/Robert Plant

0 comments: - or Leave a comment

Post a Comment